After the incredible response we got when we shared Amos’s condition on social media, we decided we need a better way to update those who want to follow this journey. Thankfully websites are my specialty. I will post daily updates here. First, we want to save the feeling we got when we read all your comments so we are adding them on this blog post. The comments are still coming in through Facebook and Instagram. We even had a friend, Jef Rawls come up with a new hashtag and we used it to name this site. #teamamos
Original Facebook/Instagram Post
“We found out Sunday that my sweet husband has Cancer. I’m so sorry to those of you who are close to us and are finding out for the first through social media. Spreading the word to everyone we love has been difficult, but we want you to know of the love and support we have felt and the miracles we have seen. Although he is in advanced stages, he is strong and will be fighting through this. We appreciate the prayers and fasting that have started already.”
Gloria Warnick Oh my sweet Hillary my heart aches for you Amos and the children cAncer is terrible I know I am a 4 time survivor I have witnessed miracles daily watched blessings happen daily He tAught me so much at his feet as I waited on Him trusted in Him hoped in…See More
Becky Morris Hillary, I would do anything to make this not be true. You and Amos are such wonderful parents, and we consider you part of our family. You can definitely count on my love and support, and anything else I can offer in the days and months to follow. to the Abplanalps!
Rebecca Wilcox I am so sorry Hillary. Both my parents had colon cancer and it is beatable, my dad had it when I was a baby and he is still around kicking at age 75. I also helped my mom through it. It is a rough road, but miracles do happen and you will become closer to each other and God because of it. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Hillary Mann Abplanalp Amos wasn’t happy when I told him I posted this but he broke down crying with gratitude when he saw the overwhelming responses from so many friends. Thank you for helping him feel that he is not alone in this. We have the best friends in the world. Thank you. #teamamos
Lindsay Kolb Barney Oh Hillary, my heart goes out to your family. There isn’t a more loving, strong, courageous group to cheer on and support Amos during this time then you and your kids. We have fond memories of Amos in our home as a Home Teacher. We feel blessed to know your family, and are praying for and thinking of you all during this time.
- lannieeltonOh Hillary I’m so sorry to hear this! I just adore you and your sweet family. You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers.
- jonidhansenI’m so sorry Hillary to hear of this. We will add Amos to our prayers! Much love & hugs to you guys!!
- brokebwoodsI’m so sorry to hear that Hillary. Your family will definitely be in our prayers.
- sarahcrawfordHillary he will be in our prayers. Love and hugs to all of you!! 💗💙
- tessaavogtI’m so sorry!
- mme33@hillaryabplanalp I’m so sorry to hear this! Thoughts and prayers for your family and husband 💗
- 32pearlywhitesI’m so so sorry!!!! Prayers (lots) headed your way. 😇 Stay strong. He is in God’s hands and you are loved. 😘@hillaryabplanalp
- reallifelatinaMy heart break for your family. Lots of prayers will be said for your family.
- kkbeecherYour family will be in my prayers.
- kasefrauHillary, I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. Sending prayers and thoughts your way.
- bowmankaraHillary, your family is in our prayers.
- ohmyhonusI’m so sorry! Big hugs and prayers💙
- a.panda.paytonWe pray in thanks for his work and him to get better grow strong and fight long #survivor #strongfighter
- paintandglossI’m so sorry to hear this. My father is currently on his 3rd round of chemo. The advances in cancer treatment in the last year are incredible. (He says he feels better now than he has in the last year.) I read a study yesterday detailing how singing can assist in fighting cancer as the positive energy created within one’s body helps to make the antibodies to fight the cancer cells. So encourage him to sing his heart out and visualize his antibodies destroying his cancer cells!
- kelenglandI am truly sorry to hear this. Your husband and family will be in our prayers.
- porterfamily2007You are an incredibly strong family with faith beyond measure! Let us know if we can do anything.
- jennifer.harpersmithYou will be in our thoughts and prayers…
- charissesandallBummer!! Big hugs and prayers for you and your family!
- phoebemannmorris@hillaryabplanalpYou have such amazing friends who love your family!! What a great show of support! We’re in this together! Love you sister! #teamamos
- westoverkatelynHope he gets better and just work through it. I’ll be praying for him