Oh my goodness, we just got the most amazing meal delivered from Becky and Chris Corona. I’m so lucky to be surrounded by people who can really cook and who love us! We are still missing Kirra and can’t wait to get her back home on Monday. My sister took her shopping for new school clothes today. Big trouble Missie, but super nice! Thank you.
Amos had another pretty good day and this made for an opportune time to have a family council to decide what approach we should take when it comes to Evelyn and the opportunities ahead.
There were different views to consider.
- One view is that we don’t want to push too hard or take on more than we or she can handle right now.
- The other view is that we want to be sure to fully support her in this chance she’s been given to chase her dream while it is viable.
We came to the conclusion that both views are are valid and that we have to find a balance between them. We will take each opportunity as it comes then prayerfully consider it together before we move forward.
We also realize that none of this would be possible without the unyielding support of my sister Phoebe who plans to take over mom and nurse duties as I travel AND her husband Ken who will help us manage.
We want to share with you some of the fun things coming up for Evie Clair:
- As many of you know Monday July 17th she will sing the anthem for a school district convocation then again that evening as she is given the key to the town of Florence.
- The next show on the schedule is again the National Anthem at Diamondbacks game next Saturday July 22nd. Her school organized a group rate for discounted tickets if you’d like to go and support her.
- If you are wondering what date she will air on the Judge Cut Rounds of America’s Got Talent, we aren’t sure yet so keep watching for her each Tuesday starting July 18th.
- If you’d like to hear her sing something besides the National Anthem, her next big concert will be at CVX Live – the largest social media convention in the world. She will do a 45 minute set on Saturday, August 5th there at the Salt Palace in Utah.
- If you will be in New York on Saturday, September 23rd you can catch Evie Clair performing at a music festival on the same stage with the legendary Village People and other well known performers. More information for that event will be released soon.
I have found that sometimes when big things happen in life it is easiest to forget the small things that are most important. Family councils are one of those things and I’m so grateful for them. Elder Ballard said “A family council that is patterned after the councils in heaven, filled with Christlike love, and guided by the Lord’s Spirit will help us to protect our family from distractions that can steal our precious time together and protect us from the evils of the world.”